2.09.2009

Awesome God... Mysterious God

I have been proven to, once again, how amazing God is. I went to Lighthouse last night with a friend. First of all, the speaker talked about how God perfectly orchestrates our lives and how, more often than not, things happen for a reason. He was talking about how he loves to look back on events in his and others' lives and see how one occurrence led to something else happening, and so on and so on. I think it's amazing how God does this. I mean, truly amazing.
Back in April, my place of employment closed. A few weeks later, I applied for a job at a camp for abused and neglected children. And a few weeks after that, I was hired about 3 days before I was to start orientation for their summer program. I can see, even in this small way, how God orchestrated His plans for that season in my life. If I hadn't lost my job, I wouldn't have gone to camp. If I hadn't gone to camp, I wouldn't have had one of the most amazing experiences of giving and receiving in my life. I wouldn't have met so many friends that have touched my life, let alone the children. I might not have had this interest in being more involved with World Vision in the future. It's just interesting to look at - how real our God is, and how involved He is with each one of us when there is a whole world and a whole universe to be involved with. When I see this, I think, Who am I to doubt?! Journal entry: December 31, 2008 - "Help me to trust that you have my life perfectly orchestrated, and no matter what I do, I can't mess up your plan."
The friend that came to Lighthouse with me has been through a whole pile of crap and back in the last year, and especially in the last few weeks. As we were chatting about the message last night though, we realized that if she hadn't experienced the things she's gone through, then she may not have come to church, and she may have never realized her need to reconnect with God.
Life is bound to throw trials right at the times and the places it hurts the most. But if we knew all the answers and if we knew how to handle them, then there would be no place for faith and trust and hope. And if there was no place for faith, trust, and hope, then there would be no need for an involved and orchestrating God.
"The time will come when everything will be explained. There seems to be a cloud on the friendship of the heart, and often even love itself has to wait in pain and tears for the blessing of fuller fellowship and oneness.... If all you see is a shadow on the face of the Father right now, hang on to the fact that He will ultimately give you clear understanding and will fully justify Himself in everything that He has allowed into your life." -Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest

No comments:

Post a Comment